My female is 15 mo old and is in her 2nd heat. The "couple" were together for a few days last week with no success. She is now in the bleeding stage of her heat. I have the couple together again but they doesn’t seem as interested in each other as they did last week. Am I too late? (pureblood dogs, health checks on both, wanting family pets for friends and family- no money involved)
You need to wait until she’s exactly 33 days from the last day you saw blood and then put the male in with her. You don’t want to put him in before or she could reaallllyyy hurt him!
Anyone else noticing these folks are trying to sound reputable by thinking that just because they’re breeding for family and friends and not charging anything that that makes it ok?