I am getting a dog and I want to make some home-made dog toys! I can afford a dog it’s just that I want something that will be fun for it to play with and not boring like a silly squeaker things from the shops.
There is so many toys that can be made at home just out of old, things laying around the house;
Try this – SOCK SWING BALL
* Take 4/5 discarded socks.
* At least one of them should be knee length.
* Use this knee length sock for the base.
* Roll up and stuff the remaining socks inside
* Tie a knot in the base sock(s) just above the stuffed area
That’s all there is to it! Go play fetch or tug-of-war with your dog! (Just watch carefully to make sure your buddy doesn’t swallow any pieces of sock. These can cause choking or digestive problems.)
Try this one – SOCK BALL
* Use a minimum of 4 socks
* Use your longest sock with the smallest holes for the base
* Roll and stuff the other socks inside
* Tie a firm knot in the base sock above the stuffed area
* Double the end of the base sock back over the entire ball
* Tie a knot above the stuffed area again
* Repeat until you cannot tie a knot any more
* Cut the end off the sock just above the last knot
Sock balls are best used for playing fetch or soccer, indoors or out. Again, please supervise your dog at all times to make sure he or she does not choke on or swallow any sock pieces.
Notes: Sock balls can be washed and dried along with other dog items.
I also use old T-shirt – wash cloth tie them in a knot and toss/fetch. My boys just love em.